Vitamin C for Skin That Glows & Antioxidant Protection
The daily dilemma – how to get skin that is smooth, supple, soft and youthful? You could seek the assistance of a high priced skin treatment or even a plastic surgeon. But wouldn’t it be better to find the right combination of vitamins, nutrients and moisturizers to achieve the healthy skin you want. Using products that contain ingredients such as CoQ10, Vitamin E and Vitamin C for skin provide antioxidant protection, defense against free radicals, and skin that is smoother and more radiant overall.
The formula in DERMERA Skin Vitamins contains a unique blend of phytoceramides, astaxanthin, CoQ10, and vitamins E and C to encourage more radiant, younger-looking skin. While a vitamin is not the only way to improve the look and feel of your skin, they are a great tool to improve the overall success of your skin care routine.
The Essential Breakdown
There are several nutrients that are perfect for assisting you in getting skin that glows and is protected with antioxidants. Check out the DERMERA all-star nutrient line-up.
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an antioxidant that helps maintain skin and hair health by enhancing the immune system at a cellular level. It also helps that body to absorb iron and maintain healthy tissue by promoting wound healing. Unfortunately for humans, we do not naturally create Vitamin C, so a balanced diet that is rich in Vitamin C as well as vitamin supplements are essential to ensuring that we have adequate levels of Vitamin C for skin. Since our bodies don’t naturally produce Vitamin C it gets used right away. So the next time you eat a Vitamin C rich food or take a supplement you can feel good knowing that the vitamin is going straight to work!
Not sure if you’re getting enough Vitamin C in your diet? Take a look this list of a few of the Vitamin C SuperFoods.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Citrus Fruit
There are so many great things that we can say about Vitamin E. We’ve all been told about the wonderful benefits for the body inside and out. In addition to being a powerhouse for improving the appearance of hair, skin and nails this antioxidant also works overtime to keep free radicals from ravaging healthy cells. It also assists in working with collagen and lipids, both of which are linked to skin’s aging process. When combined Vitamins C & E create a kind of super vitamin synergy to combat the appearance of UV damage.
If you eat nuts or leafy greens you’re in luck, if not take a look at our list of some of the best food sources for Vitamin E.
- Sunflower Seeds
- Swiss Chard
- Mustard Greens
- Turnip Greens
Skin regeneration, the natural process of skin shedding and regrowth is aided by Vitamin B7, or biotin as it is more commonly known. Vitamin B7 is an essential micronutrient in the maintenance of normal skin regeneration and development. The vitamin contributes to the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates and also assists in the production of hormones.
There really is no good reason why you shouldn’t be getting a healthy dose of Vitamin B7 since it’s present in a variety of foods.
- Egg Yolk
There are some nutrients that perform very specific tasks in making our bodies great. There are others that are fantastic in maintaining the overall wellness of our beings, calcium is one of those whole body helpers. It plays a major role in the development of healthy cells throughout the body.
Calcium is another mineral that is not hard to come by nutritionally. Take a look and see if what’s on your plate is giving your body it’s best.
- Red Meat
- Chick Peas
DERMERA Skin Vitamins combines all of the amazing vitamins and nutrients, found in the superfoods we listed above, with the Coenzyme Q10. What you get is a formula with antioxidant protection that encourages smoother more radiant younger looking skin that you’re nourishing from the inside. Unlike topical applications of these ingredients, which may or may not get to the dermis (beneath the skins surface), to aid in improving your skin’s appearance.
What the Pros Know
Beautiful skin used to seem like a miracle that you either had to be genetically blessed to receive or one that only skin care professionals could unlock. But now thanks to information sharing you need to look no further than the nearest internet enabled device to find the help you so desperately seek. We requested the help of beauty expert, Brittany Stipe (b.beauty_b.stipe), to help us understand what the pros know about protecting our skin so that it can look and feel its best.
The key to anti-aging is not some miracle cream in a jar, the keys are:
- protection from the sun
Over exposure to the sun without protection is the quickest way to degrade your skins texture, clarity & luster.
- Direct sun exposure to the skin is the biggest offense.
- Over exposure to the sun without protection is the quickest way to degrade your skins texture, clarity & luster.
- It causes signs of premature aging & wrinkles.
The damaging aspects of the sun makes it imperative to wear a broad spectrum/ full coverage sunscreen daily. Even while indoors.
- In order for a sun screen to be full coverage it must be broad spectrum. This means your sunscreen must have enough power to protect your skin from the UVA & UVB rays of the sun. Broad spectrum sunscreens are spf’s 30+.
- Anything under spf 30 is not considered broad spectrum and does not have the capacity to protect your skin from both UVA as well as UVB rays. This is important to know considering both rays are equally harmful.
Exfoliation and skin regeneration.
- Exfoliation prevents dead skin cells from building up. When dead skin cells build up on the skin it covers new healthy skin underneath it causing the skin to lose its healthy “glow” and luster. On the contrary dead skin will cause the skin to appear dull,sometimes even dry & flakey.
- We shed dead skin everyday which is why it’s important to exfoliate often. Ridding your skin of dead skin cells will improve the texture of your skin causing it to feel smoother.
- Exfoliating improves the clarity of your skin by minimizing large pores & reveals new healthier skin causing it to appear lustrous & glowing.
There is a difference between hydration & moisture.
- Hydrating products contain water based ingredients to pump water into skin cells & should improve water retention in skin.
- Moisturizing products are oil based products which aids in locking in water & improves smoothness & luster.
- The skin needs both. Look for products that contain both hydrating & moisturizing agents in them. This will combine two steps in your daily skin care regimen into one step. This way you will not have to apply a hydrating product & layer with a moisturizing product after.
Moisture & hydration preserve the skins elasticity & texture.
- The concept of hydration is similar to a grape. Grapes are primarily water, they are plump & juicy. But if the grape is deprived of its water it will shrivel into wrinkled dry outer skin, then you’ll have a raisin. This is the case with skin as well. If the skin isn’t well hydrated it will lose its plumpness and elasticity. The skin will appear shrunken up & wrinkled.
Think of the combination of moisture and skin in the same way you think of dirt and water. When dirt is dry it crumbles…it may even create molds with cracks lumps & bumps. But when dirt is rained on or moistened in anyway it creates smooth mud. The same is true with skin. When moisture is applied to the skin daily it helps maintain skin’s elasticity and prevents the skin from sinking and creating a starting point for wrinkles to form. Wrinkles have a much harder time forming in an environment that is moist and plump.
Healthy skin thrives on a healthy body. Vitamins and minerals are crucial to maintaining the optimal condition of our bodies. Whether consumed through your diet or provided in a supplement. They play an important role in good metabolism and immune system, which are also key factors for maintaining healthy skin.
No matter what your age, everyone can benefit from including a vitamin supplement into their diet. The wonder that is the human body, automatically allots the vitamins that it produces or receives via our diet, to our vital organs before it even begins to fully nourish our external accessories. Not that our skin and hair are not important, but in the grand scheme of things it’s much more beneficial to ensure heart and brain function than supple skin. Because of the manner in which the body prioritizes vitamin distribution, the vitamin intake that you need to maximize the benefits of say – Vitamin C for skin, is probably not enough for you to get your skin where you want it. By including vitamin supplement, such as DERMERA Skin Vitamins, you can get an extra boost that your skin needs to look it’s very best.
DERMERA has a unique NEW formula that nourishes and rejuvenates your skin for a healthier looking radiant glow. Each ingredient in DERMERA Skin Vitamins was specifically chosen for the special role it plays throughout each layer of the skin to help create the ideal environment for healthy skin to thrive. Fortified with our exclusive DERMALSANA™ COMPLEX that delivers a unique blend of bioactive nutrients to promote optimal skin health and wellness. Click here to purchase or learn more.